With St. Patty's Day just around the corner, and signs for McDonald's Shamrock Shakes everywhere, I thought that I should experiment with a healthy and simple version that is equally delicious. It does not include artificial flavors, artificial colors, GMO's, and other questionable ingredients. It does include high quality protein and fats, superfoods, and is absolutely delicious!
In this recipe I use Tera's Organic Whey in Bourbon Vanilla I highly recommend this product over any Whey protein powders out there. It is made in small batches from local cheese plants in Wisconsin that get their milk from small family farms. None of those nasty ingredients found in other powders, while still providing 21 grams of protein in 1 serving + low glycemic carbs... perfect for post workout!
- organic spirulina (mood enhancer)
- organic maca (libido enhancer & mood balancer)
- organic mesquite (healthy blood)
- organic hemp powder (muscle building)
- organic chia seeds (joint & organ protector, balances blood sugar)
- organic rice bran (tocos)
- organic vanilla (relaxes blood vessels)
This superfood blend packs more protein than an egg, more iron than a serving of beef, less sugar than a stick of gum and more fiber than bran cereal!
add all our superfoods to any food to enhance it's nutrient profile!- See more at: http://www.thephilosophie.com/collections/homepage/products/green-dream-8oz#sthash.i6lwsdHf.dpuf
- 1-1/4 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 serving Tera's Whey Bourbon Vanilla
- A generous 1/8 tsp Real Peppermint Extract
- Stevia to taste
- Handful of ice cubes
Blend away and enjoy!