This milkshake has quickly become my favorite breakfast/pre-workout/post-workout/go to smoothie. It is high in protein, antioxidants, and healthy fats, and it tastes so delicious and indulgent!
What makes this milkshake so great for you is not only that it is nutrient dense, but that it contains the optimal ratio of nutrients for maximum absorption.
- 1 cup-1 1/4 cup milk (I use coconut milk, but any kind of milk will work just fine)
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior Chocolate Protein Powder (can be found at your local health food store, amazon.com , Vitacost.com, Iherb.com, etc.)
- Sunwarrior Classic Protein is 100% plant-based, alkaline-forming, and provides a complete, balanced array of essential amino acids
- Protein is essential for repairing tissue, burning fat, and building strong bodies
- Sunwarrior Classic Protein is hypoallergenic and suitable for anyone - young or old, male or female - not just vegan or vegetarian lifestyles
- Sunwarrior Classic Protein is gluten free, non-GMO, and FREE of chemicals, acids and solvents
- via SunWarrior
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao (regular cocoa powder will work fine, but remember that it does not contain the same powerful antioxidant and enzymatic properties as raw cacao)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ***1/2 an avocado (don't let this shock you, it gives the milkshake an incredibly creamy texture, as well as adding healthy fats and rounding out the nutritional profile of the milkshake)
- A handful of ice cubes
- Optional- top with cacao nibs (does not need to be heart shaped ;)
Blend everything together in a blender and enjoy!