Wholly Eva

Wholly Eva

Friday, February 14, 2014

Self Love

Photos by the incredibly talented Isabelle Hay; please visit her blog The Belle Photo

This blog post was inspired by a guided meditation by Kristen Hedges titled "You Are Enough"

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is my most favorite holiday. Come on people, an entire day devoted to love and gratitude!!

I think it is important that we shine a light on not just sharing our love with others, but loving ourselves. This time of year is very burdensome for dancers, it is audition season (insert groan). The process of finding a job in a ballet company today is very difficult, and we are up against impossible odds. Learning how to not take each rejection personally is something I need to work on.

Am I good enough?
Am I tall/short enough?
Am I thin enough?

For dancers; during this time of great vulnerability and uncertainty, recognize these negative thoughts, but do not entertain them. May all of us free ourselves from these thoughts and clear them from our conscious and subconscious. Let us say to ourselves "I am enough".

May we find comfort and fulfillment from within, and know that just being our beautiful selves is enough.

Stay strong, determined, and open to the realms of possibility in store for all of us.


Just Be

No comments:

Post a Comment